Incase you’ve missed it, the ever-insightful Paul Chaney, social media consultant, and contributor to Practical E-Commerce is running a series of articles reviewing the growing number of social media store/storefront applications that allow businesses to sell directly within social media – primarily Facebook.
In the first three articles (one, two, three), Paul has cast a critical eye over 1o such social commerce platforms.
- Pavyment (example: Syzygy)
- BigCommerce (SocialShop) (example: Maxigrip)
- Volusion (Social Store Builder) (example: Panna Dolce)
- 3DCart (example: SaltWaterFish)
- Voiyk (example: Salud Cookware)
- ShopTab (example:Little Butterfly Kiss)
- SortPrice (Facebook Store) (example: Petco)
- My Merch Store (Zazzle) (example: Mari Smith)
Paul’s next article is billed to focus on fully-fledged f-commerce applications with integrated transactions – allowing transactions to take place within Facebook itself. We think it’ll be these one-stop-shop platforms that will take f-commerce mainstream – so we’re looking forward to his review.