Here are a couple interesting infographics that can usefully inform your social commerce efforts.
Top takeouts; free shipping is hygiene factor in social commerce – it’s the pay-to-play price you have to pay, and optimise the viral effect of social commerce by posting your sales-related status updates at midday.
Other insights from the first columnfive infographic ‘Free Shipping‘, from e-commerce optimisation firm, Monetate (Urban Outfitters, QVC, PETCO) include
- 47% of the $38bn/qtr online retail spending offers free shipping
- 61% of shoppers consider abandoning orders if free shipping is not offered
- 52% of cart abandonment is due to shipping and handling costs
- Shoppers spend on average 30% more when free shipping is offered
Insights from the The Science of Social Timing infographics (1,2 and 3) from web analytics firm Kissmetrics include
- Best post frequency to Facebook for generating Likes is once every two days
- Sharing activity on Facebook spikes at midday on all days
- Most sharing on Facebook occurs on Saturday
- Blog posts get read most in the morning (11am peak), generate the most comments at 9am, and the most links 7am, with Monday morning posts generating the most views, and Monday and Thursday generating the most links (from accompanying infographic)
- If you’re an Old Skool emailer, they’re most likely to be read 6-9am, unless it’s promotions in which case is 5-7pm for B2B and 7-10pm for B2C (from accompanying infographic)